Saturday, March 3, 2007

This week in world cricket

Ok, the first prediction that I made has already been proved wrong. I predicted that Shoaib and Asif will play for Pakistan in the WC. But how would I know that just the day before the team left for West Indies, both of them would get injured :-) This saga has been a management nightmare for PCB. The problem is, even the former Pakistani players are not believing PCB's story. But believe me, this story is far from over.

Check out this video of a young Pakistani swing bowler. Pakistan seems to have a knack of producing world-class fast bowlers, time and again. If only somebody could teach them the knack of staying out of trouble !

A man in Hyderabad, India has designed this car to cheer for the Indian cricket team. Not sure if I wanna be in it. Anyway, hope his efforts pay off.

I'm kinda relieved to see Michael Vaughn back as the England captain. Not that I don't like Flintoff. Being only a vice-captain will help Flintoff do what he is good at doing - winning matches for England.

Now, about Monty Panesar - he may be the 'find' for England. But as a spinner, the benchmark for judging Monty 's ability is simply by looking at how he bowls to Indians and Pakistanis. I myself am very curious to see how he bowls to the batsmen from the sub-continent.

No comments:

Post a Comment